There is no denying that one of the biggest investments for a human being is to buy a house. A standard house in America could cost about $200,000 and a lot of house owners will take a lot of pains to make sure that the house is maintained in the best possible manner. However the good news is that you can avoid carrying out expensive repair jobs by simply following 10 Quick Home Maintenance Tips.
The 10 Quick Home Maintenance Tips
1. Firstly you start out by inspecting the house very well and notice if anything is broken and try to fix it while the problem is still small. If the problem is a minor one then you can do it by yourself or if not you can simply call in a professional.
2. You can turn on the heating system and the air conditioner, and check to see if everything is working in the right way. You would have to listen very closely for noises that may sound strange. Do not miss out on checking the air filters to see if they are clean.
3. Now if you have a house that has an attic, you may want to get up there and have a good look around. In fact you may consider throwing out a few items that you do not use. Sometimes people store unused chemicals in the attic, if you have ever done something like that be sure to dispose them.
4. Inspecting the dryers and washers to spot any corrosion is not a bad idea at all. If you have loose vents or water leaks be sure to get them mended right away. The vents of the dryer should not be blocked with lint; to detect any lint you must turn on the dyer. If you notice that the is no air coming out then you will have to clean the vents.
5. Check your sprinklers in the lawn will a good thing to do next. All you have to do is turn on the sprinkler system and make sure that all the sprinklers are operating properly. If you notice excess water being given out from the sprinklers then you should change the heads of the sprinklers or even decrese the water pressure.
6. While you are inspecting your house make sure you pay a visit to your kitchen and go through every single cooking appliance that you have. Clean them properly and if you have appliances that run on electricity make sure they have not developed loose contacts.
7. Look at all the electrical outlets; look for any discolored patches near the outlets or switches as this is a symptom of damage. This should be addressed if you do not want your home to sustain severe damage.
8. Inspecting the exteriors of the house is by far the most important thing to do, try to look for damage caused by termite, mold or water. If your house is brick or stucco look for damaged places.
9. Checking your roof on a monthly basis is the wisest thing a person should do at all times. Try to locate broken shingles and roof leaks and try to get them fixed as soon as possible.
10. Give your property a good inspection and do make a checklist to see that you have covered everything.
You can do all of the above by yourself or if you feel that it is too much, do not hesitate to call in a professional. If you follow these 10 MQuick Homeaintenance Tips you will have no trouble in maintaining your home.